Sunday, January 07, 2007

Ro-mo-Oh-No

The worst 4th quarter for Cowboys: A fumble that leads to eight points. A dropped hold on a field goal. Critical mistakes doomed the Cowboys and Seahawks win 21-20.

It was 1:19 in the 4th quarter... only a "simple" field-goal attempt stood between Cowboys and the first playoffs win for them since 1996 - before the attempt I was thinking this is automatic, Cowboys will win it. But now I know that in NFL, you can't take anything for granted. You have to be efficient in all 3 phases of the game: offense, defense and special teams! Every play counts!

Gramatica was the kicker... Romo was the holder... the snap was good, but somehow the ball slipped from his hands... he failed to set the ball for Gramatica and then tried to out-run the defense for either the first down or the touch-down, but failed.

Romo... Oh noooo!!! :-(

I can' t believe what I saw tonight... the way Dallas Cowboys lost tonight's game is heart-breaking... So much work and great effort by the entire team - specially the way Cowboys defence played - all for nothing... nada... zippppppppppppppp!



I was a big Cricket fan and I got sick of watching India's cricket team snatch defeat from the jaws of victory and stopped watching late last year... I have seen Cowboys do this in the 3 of the last 4 games - tonight's being the worst! I hope they don't make this a habit. Successful teams (and people) always learn from their mistakes and don't repeat them. Great teams (and people) not only learn from their mistakes, but they learn from other's mistakes.

It is unfortunate that Romo was not able to complete the FG play efficiently, but it'll be foolish to blame Romo for this loss. There were other opportunities that the Cowboys did not take advantage of and continued to commit mistakes, specially in the 4th quarter. The team has lots of talent and potential, but they need to work on discipline & fundamentals. They must cut down on the silly mistake & mindless penalties, specially when the game is on the line.

I am very disappointed and sad, but I have not lost the faith in my Cowboys. I know Romo & Parcells will come back strong next season and I really believe they have it in them to win the Superbowl 2008.

But tonight I feel bad & sad for the Cowboys players, coaches & the fans! :-(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wtf??!!

why do you always write about sports i dont understand.

any comments on the Indian Cricket team's stellar performance in South Africa...:)

Chandan said...

I love sports...

I am having a tough time associating the word "stellar" with Indian cricket team's performance. I have spent numerous nights sacrificing sleep and other things to watch them loose poorly.

But if they are doing good, & since you are following them, I will also mention them... linking back to your posts...

Gotta keep my friend happy!!! :-)