Sunday, January 07, 2007

Picture with Kenyan ambassador to US

On Dec 20, 2006, I had the honor to meet the Kenyan ambassador to the US, Mr. Peter N.R.O. Ogego, who was visiting Dallas and was met by Pro Tem Don Hill, the mayor of Dallas. The two discussed opening bilateral trade and investment from Texas to Kenya.



His Excellency, Mr. Ogego, gave an impressive keynote address at a Luncheon organized by the African Chamber of Commerce, urging the business community in Dallas to invest in various sectors of the Kenya economy and take advantage of the opportunities presented by the expansion of the East Africa Community.

The event was attended by among others, Mr Ross Perot Jr. a multi billionaire investor in Dallas.

His Excellency, Mr. Ogego was presented with a special key for the city of Dallas by Mayor Don Hill.

I also had an opportunity to meet and trade business cards with Mr. Ross Perot Jr, Texas Secretary of State Mr. Roger Williams and President and CEO of African Chamber of Commerce, Sanmi Akinmulero. I must thank my good friend Steve Mathuku for the the invite.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Chandan, I just met Samni from African chambers of commerce and I am loving his ideas and his projection on how to invest in africa

Chandan said...

Thanks for dropping by kamau. Yes, I was also impressed by their presentation and I think this is the right time to invest in that region. My company is working with Kenyan government and other key people to make this happen. Our power is technology and we are trying to provide our technology to them. If you want to check out our company, go to http://www.damaka.com

Thanks.