Saturday, March 17, 2007

Worst day for India and Indian Cricket

I usually sleep in on Saturdays. I stay busy the whole week and I cherish the sleep on Saturdays. But today - March 17, 2007 - was different! There was excitement since last night. I wanted to sacrifice my sleep to get up at 8:00 am to watch India play their first World Cup game.... WoW!!!! I got up correctly at 8:00... turned on my laptop, connected it to my TV and made me some coffee anticipating a great opener. Honestly I wanted India to bat first and expected them to make more than 300 runs ---- Now I feel like a fucking fool. Forget 300, Indian team could not even make 200 against (a much improved) Bangladesh.

There was NO aggression, NO passion, NO grit, NO determination, NO character, NO talent, NO CRICKET!!! Basically India team DID NOT show up for THE game. It almost felt like they didn't even want to play. It was lackluster, boring, drab, unimaginative, uninspired, muted and JUST PLAIN DEAD. Indian cricket team should officially apologize to all of India and Indian fans all over the world for falling waaaaaaaaaaaaaay below the expectations and playing such a lifeless game at the biggest stage of International cricket --- What a fucking Shame!!!! Infact they should all be FINED and BANNED form participating in ANY Fashion-Show or Ads --- Enough is Enough --- there's gotta be some BASIC STANDARD, some BASIC LEVEL OF PERFORMANCE.... Is that too much to ask?????

Something needs to be done... we deserve better than this! Strong, result-oriented actions must be taken! Hiring an international coach will not SOLVE anything!!!!

It was the worst day for India and Indian Cricket - not because they lost a game, just the way they lost it!

Damn you!

A depressed, dejected and really really sad cricket fan....

No comments: